This short story mini-unit features Shirley Jackson’s short story “Charles.” Appropriate for grades 7 to 10, the lessons focus on the development of theme and paragraphs.
Included in the mini-unit is:
• A copy of the short story
• A prediction chart
• An anticipation guide
• Activity sheet (select important passages in the text for later theme and paragraph support)
• Author’s purpose activity sheet
• How to develop a theme sheet with an example
• A graphic organizer to help student plan their paragraph
• An answer key for all activities
• 3-day lesson plan for easy planning
16 pages total
All the prep work has been done for you.
It’s teaching made easy!
You may also be interested in the following products:
Total Pages 16 pages
Answer Key Included
Teaching Duration 3 days