This PowerPoint presentation is a great way to introduce Golding’s Lord of the Flies.
This PowerPoint is devised to contextualize Golding’s novel in order to help students better understand and appreciate the novel.
There are 14 slides in total.
Included in this activity is:
– Introduction about the author
– A short film clip about the war and the fear it evoked
– Information about the story
– Information about Golding’s message
– Information about themes
– Information about the significance of the title
– Group discussion questions to serve as a pre reading guide
– Important elements in the novel
There are no spoilers for students in this presentation. The information prepares them for what they will read in order to better appreciate it and to develop themes later on.
See preview for more details.
This activity is also part of a larger Lord of the Flies unit:
Click here to preview the Lord of the Flies Unit (No prep required)