Analyze This! is a step-by-step guide to analyzing literature
I created this bundle to help my students understand analysis and how to apply their newfound skills to write an effective essay.
The bundle includes:
– A page with suggestions on how to use the bundle
– Two pages explaining the difference between analysis and literary analysis
– One page on how to create an effective outline (what content should be included)
– An exercise using the “Ant and the Grasshopper” fable to help students analyze elements of plot, characterization, symbolism, theme, and setting.
– An answer sheet with detailed information
– Instructions on how to use the above information to focus a topic and write a thesis statement
– An outline activity – students need to complete an outline using a given thesis statement
– An answer key (with a possible outline) to help student compare their outline with this one.
The bundle includes 13 pages and two to three days worth of lessons.
This is a practical and simple way to guide students through the analytical process.
It’s teaching made easy!
You may also be interested in the following products:
Lord of the Flies Unit (No prep required)
Hamlet Unit (No prep – Complete Unit)
Death of a Salesman (No prep required)
Frankenstein (No prep – Complete Unit)
Poetry Unit for Senior Students (NO PREP)
Poetry Unit for Intermediate Students