Fun! Timely! Effective! Modern! Easy to Use!
Improve students’ comprehension and spelling while they learn about women’s history.
Great for homework, seatwork, and learning centers.
These eight short biographies of famous women resemble cell phone texts. The students are provided the complete wording with blanks for most vowels that they then must supply.
This variation of the cloze technique, recognized as effective by reading authorities, requires students to analyze sentence structure and meaning as a way to improve comprehension.
Each story fits on one side of a single piece of paper. An Answer Key is provided for easy grading. Students enjoy the challenge of completing each story.
- Fabiola Gianotti—Nuclear Physicist
- Maya Lin—Architect
- Georgia O’Keefe—Artist
- Sally Ride—Astronaut
- Susan B. Anthony—Early Suffragette
- Elizabeth Blackwell—First US Female Doctor
- Sacajawea—Wilderness Guide
- Harriet Tubman—Darling Abolitionist
For Grades 3-8
Be sure to check other activities in our Reading Spotlight TpT Store:
- Holiday Menagerie
- Bargain Bundle: Vowel Families (Learn to Read Bingo)
Thank you for considering this timely product.