by ESL Lifeline
1st – 2nd Grade
Word family decoding activities are helpful tools for teaching phonics.
This resource offers handouts and activities to learn words in the “-ake”, “-ack”, & “-all” word families. These simple activities will introduce your learners to words that are part of each of the same word family. They all center around the theme of Construction Sites.
It comes with printer-friend versions that are included in the package, as well as answer keys. It is best to use this resource while teaching about word families specifically, and the activities included are intended as supplementary.
Phonics handouts are excellent materials to have for interventions. They can be used to get late readers back on track and, for older children, offer a thoughtful way to reinforce previously learned concepts.
Do your students also like EXCAVATORS? See my Excavator Phonics, Word Analysis & Decoding Resource similar to this one HERE.
GRADES / LEVELS:
Ideal for Kindergarten – 2nd Grade Younger Learners | Early-to-Intermediate ELL/ESL Learners | Homeschool
- know and apply grade-level phonics
- analyze words in the ‘-all’, ‘-ake’, & ‘-ack’ word families’
- decode words in the ‘-all’, ‘-ake’, & ‘-ack’ word families’
LEARNING ACTIVITIES INCLUDE…
- Odd One Out: In this activity, your students are presented with 6 different sets of words (3 in each set) and must circle the one that is in the same word family.
- Word Search: This straightforward activity gives practice to finding different letters presented in its respective word family. Your students must find each word from the word bank below the grid and draw a line to connect it. Words may be diagonal, across, up, or down.
THE PACKAGE: 11 PDF PAGES INCLUDE…
- 1 Cover page
- 3 Color Student Handouts
- 3 Printer-Friendly Handouts
- 3 Pages of Answer Keys
- 1 Page of Resource Notes (for teachers)
This is a FREE SAMPLER of activities in my Construction Site Word Family Series!
Click the links below:
Build more life-long language skills using my…
Teachers who downloaded this also liked…
See some of my other popular series
Join The Best of Teacher Entrepreneurs Marketing Cooperative at
and get THOUSANDS OF PAGE VIEWS for your TpT products!
Go to http://www.pinterest.com/TheBestofTPT/ for even more free products!