Analyze This! is a step-by-step guide to analyzing literature
I created this bundle to help my students understand analysis and how to apply their newfound skills to write an effective essay.
The bundle includes:
– A page with suggestions on how to use the bundle
– Two pages explaining the difference between analysis and literary analysis
– One page on how to create an effective outline (what content should be included)
– An exercise using the “Ant and the Grasshopper” fable to help students analyze elements of plot, characterization, symbolism, theme, and setting.
– An answer sheet with detailed information
– Instructions on how to use the above information to focus a topic and write a thesis statement
– An outline activity – students need to complete an outline using a given thesis statement
– An answer key (with a possible outline) to help student compare their outline with this one.
The bundle includes 13 pages and two to three days worth of lessons.
This is a practical and simple way to guide students through the analytical process.
It’s teaching made easy!
Visit my Facebook page for interesting lesson ideas and a few laughs.Get daily free lessons on Pinterest
Get daily free lessons, free resources, and great teaching tips on Teaching Made Easy 123’s Website
You may also be interested in the following products:
Lord of the Flies Unit (No prep required)
Hamlet Unit (No prep – Complete Unit)
Death of a Salesman (No prep required)
Frankenstein (No prep – Complete Unit)
Poetry Unit for Senior Students (NO PREP)
Poetry Unit for Intermediate Students