TEACHING THE ESSAY – AN EASY TO USE GUIDE FOR TEACHERS AND STUDENTS
The Teaching the Essay package has been devised as a resource to help guide students develop their essay writing skills. This comprehensive package includes details on how to structure an essay as well as how to develop arguments. This visually attractive handout contains practical examples and guides students with revision questions to keep them on track.
The package focuses on: (Package contains 13 pages)
– Format (Introduction – thesis, development, conclusion)
– Developing arguments
– Tips for writing
– Practical examples
– Quote insertion and selection
– Comprehensive transitions list
– How to analyse
– Paragraphing and how to format arguments within the paragraphs
– Style and flow (transitions)
– Revision questions
– Practical essay analogy
– Strategies in writing
I have been using and revising this document for over 10 years and it has proved to be a most useful tool for teaching the essay.