This short story mini-unit features Shirley Jackson’s short story “Charles.” Appropriate for grades 7 to 10, the lessons focus on the development of theme and paragraphs.
Included in the mini-unit is:
• A copy of the short story
• A prediction chart
• An anticipation guide
• Activity sheet (select important passages in the text for later theme and paragraph support)
• Author’s purpose activity sheet
• How to develop a theme sheet with an example
• A graphic organizer to help student plan their paragraph
• An answer key for all activities
• 3-day lesson plan for easy planning
16 pages total
All the prep work has been done for you.
It’s teaching made easy!
IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO OPEN THE ZIP FILE, PLEASE
E-MAIL ME at email@example.com . Be sure to include your e-mail address and buyer’s name. I will send you an attachment directly to your e-mail address.
You may also be interested in the following products:
Poetry Unit for Intermediate Students
Poetry Unit: The Art of Interpretation
Romeo and Juliet – A No Prep Unit
The Elevator Short Story Mini Unit
Intermediate Poetry Unit
Super Hero Themed Parts of Speech Posters (FREE)
FREE Parts of Speech Grammar Circles (Superhero Themed)
Sentences – Grammar Circles for easy and effective grammar
Spelling Flip Book
Fish Bowl Evaluation Bundle
Opinion Piece Bundle
How to Write a Paragraph
ELA Literature Study Unit to Use with ANY Work of Literature