By Deann Marin at the Best of Teacher Entrepreneurs
Spring has sprung the grass has riz, I wonder where the birdies is? This is what was going through my mind as I made this item. It is a spring grammar bundle for grades 4-6. Included are worksheets to help reinforce the 4 types of sentences (Interrogative, Declarative, Imperative and Exclamatory), Contractions and Possessives.
Pages 3–4 Teacher Instructions
Pages 5-7 Four Kinds of Sentences
Pages 8-10 Spring into Contractions
Pages 11-13 Spring into Possessives
Pages 14-19 Answers
- Four Kinds of Sentences:
- If the sentence is Declarative put a D on the line, if the sentence is Imperative put an I on the line, if the sentence is Interrogative put a ? on the line , if the sentence is Exclamatory put an E on the line. Put the correct punctuation at the end of the sentence. * Some sentences may be Imperative and Exclamatory, so put I, E .
- Write 2 sentences for each type: Declarative, Imperative, Declarative, Interrogative. Be sure to use correct punctuation.
- Spring into Contractions:
- Write the contraction for the words you see in the box.
- Write the long form of the contraction.
- Choose 10 contractions and write sentences using them.
- Spring into Possessives
- Write the possessive for each sentence. (his, our, mine, your, hers, ours, their) One word is used twice.
- Put a line under the possessives that are written correctly.
- Choose 10 possessives and write a sentence for each one
Graphics by My Cute Graphics
Copyright© 2014 Deann Marin (Socrates Lantern)
All rights reserved by author. Permission for downloads to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.
Please stop by my
Please Visit Socrates Lantern’s
Social Media Sites