by Colleen’s Cosmic Collection
Pre-Kindergarten – 1st Grade
Need an auditory memory activity that will be fun and engaging? This no prep digital Boom Cards brain exercise activity is perfect for practicing listening and thinking skills and developing auditory memory! Your kiddos will be able to practice shapes and colours while listening to and remembering instructions which they will need to follow.
This mind game activity can be used for distance or hybrid learning – or face to face teaching!
This is a FREE SAMPLE. If you would like the full version of this activity, or other variations, you may like to check out more brain training activities in my store. I plan to add more levels and variety over time.
How this Auditory Memory Activity works:
- Students will be given an auditory instruction, telling them to put something in a basket.
- The students then move to the next card and need to drag a shape into the basket that fits the description in the instruction they were given.
- Initially they are told either what shape OR what color item to put in the basket. They can choose any item that fits the instruction they have been given. The students are required to remember only one thing – EITHER a shape OR a colour.
- In the last question the instructions become more specific – they get told the shape AND color of the item they must put in the basket. There will now only be one possible correct item for them to place in the basket. The difficulty increases as the students are now required to remember two things – BOTH a shape AND a colour.
- In this level, students are only expected to remember one item that they must place in the basket.
This fun Brain Development Activity includes:
- 9 Boom Cards altogether
- 1 instruction card
- 4 cards with auditory instructions that students will need to follow on the next card.
- 4 cards for students to carry out the instructions they received on the previous card
- Interactive drag and drop format
- Boom Cards are self-checking and students get instant feedback!
- Teacher information
Your kiddos will love practicing their auditory memory skills with this fun and interactive activity!
The PDF download contains a link to the Boom Cards Deck. You will need to click the button in the PDF and you will be taken to a page to redeem your purchase and add the deck to your Boom Cards library.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
“Boom™ is the trademark of Boom Learning. Used with permission.“
You might also be interested in these other fun activities:
- Brain Development Activities
- Number Bonds Activities
- Fractions Activities
- Multiplication Facts Activities
- Skip Counting Activities
- Number Sense Activities
Don’t forget to leave feedback so that you can earn TPT credits to use towards future purchases! I love hearing what you think of my resources!
Follow me to receive email notifications about my new products. Many of my products are 50% off for the first 48 hours after I upload them!
Please contact me if you have any questions!
Thank you so much,
Join The Best of Teacher Entrepreneurs Marketing Cooperative at
and get THOUSANDS OF PAGE VIEWS for your TpT products!
Go to http://www.pinterest.com/TheBestofTPT/ for even more free products!