English Grammar Cheat Sheet
This “Cheat Sheet” was designed to help students while writing in English. This at a glance 2 page sheet is colorful and has an easy to find layout to help students remember certain important things while they write.
I allow my students to use this in class when writing a test. This is not a grammar lesson, but it will remind students about the grammar they’ve learned in the past.
Some of the reminders included:
– parts of speech
– transitional words
– quotation marks (how and when to use them)
– basic sentence structure
– spelling tips (plurals of nouns and IE rule)
– puncutaion rules (apostrophe, colon, semicolon
The other side of the page has comma rules:
– with coordinate conjunctions
-with introductory elements
– with other elements (dates, parenthetical expression, nouns in a direct address)
– with adjectives
It also contains tips on things to avoid, such as writing a paragraph shorter than 4 sentences. And, it contains a list of things to do, such as make sure that your paragraphs contain at least 2 pieces of evidence.
It’s teaching made easy!