By Sparking Children’s Thinkibility
Grades Kindergarten-5th Montessori, Biology, Problem solving
A material that is often used in the Montessori classroom is animal classification cards. Children are asked to classify different animals into categories. Inspired by these cards I made some material where birds’ feet, mammals’ legs and feet, and animals’ tails are studied. These materials have cards that can be used to classify the animals and also some activities where children are encouraged to use their observations and really do something.
Build a machine, design a toy, or make up a dance.
This booklet contains
1. Introduction to biomimicry
2. Observation birds
3. Acrostic poem
4. Booby webbed feet
5. Make up a dance – invent a dancing robot or toy
6. Invent a toy or a swimming gear
7. Flamingos’ legs and feet – furniture challenge
8. Robot that can walk in mud
9. Design a playground with a carousel inspired by parrots
10. Owl observations
11. Design a flying toy that can pick up things.
12. Story writing – boy or girl who can turn his or her toes around at will.
13. What if you could run like an ostrich?
14. Random Inspiration game
15. Cards with different types of feet
16. How can you use biomimicry in the classroom
17. Links and book tips
Link to Biomimicry for Young Children – Birds’ Feet and Legs
I would be delighted if you would follow me on:
Follow the Sparking Children’s Thinkibility TpT Store
Follow the Sparking Children’s Thinkibility Blog
Follow the Sparking Children’s Thinkibility Pinterest
Follow the Sparking Children’s Thinkibility Facebook Page